Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bikes, Hockey and Beach

All right, I think it's better to post a blog without pictures than no blog entry at all. This has been a great week. On Wednesday we went to Raleigh to watch a hockey game, a friend got free tickets. We had really good seats too! It's the third NHL game that I've been to- I've gone to the Anaheim Ducks, Boston Bruins and now the Carolina Hurricanes. Awesome! The Hurricanes lost but it was a close game and went into overtime. We took a few pictures, but I don't have time to sort through them just yet.

Also this week Lance finished his motorcycle safety course which means he's now free to ride his new bike wherever he wants. I went out with him a couple of times. We found some long, quiet and fast streets that go around the back side of base to the drop zones (where people jump out of planes). There weren't any jumps going on when we drove by but we're going to try and ride out to watch a few in the next couple of weeks. It's about a twenty minute ride each way and the speed limit goes up to 55 so Lance likes it.

Yesterday I decided we needed adventure and I planned a trip to the coast. Lance wasn't excited about it since it's a couple hour drive but I don't think he had much say in the matter. First we went to a State Park that has wild Venus Fly Traps. Apparently they only grow within a 70 mile radius of Wilmington, NC. I was really excited to see them. Unfortunately the leaves die off in winter and don't come back until later in the Spring. We didn't get to see any of them but we'll go back in a few months and check them out. It was chilly but we went to the beach for a little while. Lance put his feet in the Atlantic for the first time. Afterward we went to the downtown historic district of Wilmington. It was very beautiful and cute. We'll definitely need to go spend another day there.