We had quite a busy weekend. I thought I should write about it before I forget. I can throw up some pictures later on. Friday night we went to the temple, a great way to start the weekend. The DC temple is much bigger than the ones we're used to. We decided to explore a bit and went up to the 7th floor. An older man suddenly appeared and asked what we were doing up there. We told him we were just curious, so he explained a bit about how the older temples are bigger. He then promptly told us that as the temple would be closing for the night we should make our way downstairs. I think we basically got kicked out of the temple in a very nice way. Next time we'll have to go when it's not so late.
Saturday I had been planning to go to the zoo. Lance wasn't too excited about it, he'd rather sleep in late. I got up long before he did, since I take longer to get ready anyway. Finally I lovingly poked him until he got up. I was packing up some snacks for us when he got a text from Allan. They were going to the temple and were inviting us. Since we had just gone, and I was very set on going to the zoo, we decided to meet up with them afterward. The National Zoo was fun but of course it seemed rather small after spending so much time at the San Diego Zoo. We parked on the street to avoid the zoo's $20 parking price, but anyone who has ever driven around DC knows how crazy parking is in the city. We finally found a spot in a near by neighborhood but there was a sign about 2 hour parking M-F except for zone 1D permit holders and every third full moon and sometimes. We hoped Saturdays were ok to park there and debated whether we'd get a ticket or not, but we chanced it and it turns out we were fine. In the zoo we saw a lot of the animals. The middle of the zoo, including the elephant house was closed for construction. As soon as we reached the other side of the zoo, as far away as possible from our car, Allan called and said they were ready to meet up.
We hurried back to our car and ended up meeting them an hour later at IHOP. We didn't have too much time as we were suppose to be back for a ward picnic. It was nice to see them for a bit though. We ended up being an hour late to the picnic but it worked out ok. After we ate some of the adults started handing out water guns to the kids. Lance immediatly started emptying his pockets. I had our camera and took some fun shots of Lance attacking little kids. He also got a few shots in on his commander. Saturday was pretty packed, but lots of fun.
Sunday was almost more relaxing. The bishop wanted to give all the women a break and so for the last hour of church the men took over primary and nursery. Very dangerous. I asked Lance how it went and he said it was not as reverent as it could have been. He refused to elaborate, I'm sure some of the kids are scarred for life. Not really, I'm sure the guys were very entertaining. The missionaries didn't have anyone to feed them dinner so we invited them over. I haven't been grocery shopping for awhile so we ended up having pancackes, eggs and smoothies for dinner. It worked out fine and was a great way to wrap up the weekend.